Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A very short story

I am trying to write a short story but I don’t know how to go about it. I need a start. I try hard to think of all my experiences and filter one that will give me my first few lines. I rummage through my head but all I can see is a banner which says “all my experiences” – white characters on a black background.

I try harder. I look at the ceiling and then wonder why I did that. Was I seeking God’s help or did I do it because my neck hurts? I don’t believe in god so it must be because my neck hurts. I look up again, this time consciously and I realize my neck does hurt a little.

I realize I am too distracted to write a short story. I decide to get myself some coffee as it helps me concentrate. I come back and start reading Foucault – Politics, philosophy and culture – with utmost concentration. Hmm… nice coffee…

2 comments:

Sumedha said...

I am glad you've humbly begun..

Shiva Sethuraman said...

I'll keep trying till I reach that inevitable bed... or that street..