While driving back home from the airport after a failed attempt to meet a long lost yet an absolutely irreplaceable friend, I heard a band on the radio. It was the Raghu Dixit Project. Absolutely awed by their performance on radio, I decided to attend their live concert later in the evening at Old Delhi fort. I raced back home, called a friend who agreed to accompany me and quickly grabbed a bite.
It was 7 PM and Delhi's roads were trying their best to emulate an automobile factory. Not an inch to move and noise levels at deafening decibels - only Delhites could survive the conditions.
In that commotion I spurted out, "Fcuk, India is magnificent!" and my friend who was battling the traffic screamed, "Are you fcuking crazy!"
Standing amidst chaos was a magnificent fort which I had seen at least a thousand times before but never had I noticed it. I was teleported to the times when this fort housed powerful kings. The lake besides the fort looked serene almost as if it was trying to blanket the scores of bloody wars that were fought on its banks.
The music was alien too. The Raghu Dixit project is music that I've never heard before. I was in a different world. The fort, the lake and soul searching music.
India is magnificent. India is colour. India is my tomorrow.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
dude?? i didnt know u were coming to the airport! and i didnt know i was irreplaceable! ;-) he he. I know I know it wasnt me. Who was the girl?
obviously it was you... who else could it be... :P
Saala i see you have safely ignored the request for the name of the girl! :P
are u a girl? :P
saale.. own up! I do not believe it :-)
Post a Comment