Saturday, January 10, 2009

Speed of light mentioned in the Vedas! Yeah sure...

"37 cents to anyone who disproves this..."

http://hitxp.com/ved/28052007.htm

I stumbled upon this link while aimlessly googling.... The guy in question has calculated the speed of light from verses in the vedas. Now, that is simply a great piece of work and therefore hard to believe. This, for me, is the only partially convincing piece of work, after Tao of Physics, that has pointed at Hinduism being scientific...

What I think the issue here is, why did the vedas have to be so poetic and highly abstract in educating people? Wouldn't it be better if everyone understood and learnt that?

My point is, if I asked an expert of Vedas to calculate the speed of light, provided he did not already know the number, I can be damn sure that he won't be able to arrive at it. It is easy to bend ambiguous statements and arrive at facts... As pointed out by a friend of mine, this is what Dan Brown did in his book, Da Vinci Code.... Even Mr. Brown admits that Da Vinci Code was a work of fiction.... yet, it forced millions of people believe in it....

No comments: